Kia has posted the October 2022 Navigation Map and Software update to their site and the Navigation Updater application.
Types of Systems Available to Update
- Standard-Class Gen 4 Navigation (7 & 8 inch Touchscreen)
- Standard-Class Gen 5 Navigation (7 & 8 inch Touchscreen)
- Standard-Class Gen 5W Navigation (10.25 & 12.3 inch Touchscreen)
- Premium-Class Gen 2 Navigation (9.2 inch Touchscreen)
- Premium-Class Gen 5 Navigation (12.3 inch Touchscreen)
If you own a older model not listed above visit the website to order your update by mail.
- New sound therapy sounds have been added to Sounds of Nature including “Living Forest,” “Crashing Waves,” Communication with the Universe,” and “Dawn in the City.”
- You can now set a sound effect for each media mode: Radio, USB Music, Bluetooth Audio
- The Ioniq 5 EV theme is now available for all electric vehicles equipped with the Standard-class Gen5W infotainment system. Changes include the Ioniq 5 style graphical driving range, battery status, energy information and power consumption.
- French and Spanish language voice recognition now available in North America.
- “Home” and “Work” addresses can be set or updated via Voice Recognition. To set an address the first time simply say “Home” or “Work” followed by the address. To change a previously set address say “Change Home” or “Change Work” followed by the address.
- FM/AM radio station information display has been updated. Available information now includes station, logo, song information, album art and more (varying depending on the station)
If you have not yet downloaded the Kia Navigation Updater program to your computer you can do so here.
For a video giving step-by-step instructions on updating the Kia Stinger’s navigation and infotainment system, click here.
Or for written instructions (once you have used the Kia Navigation Updater program to download the files and copy them to a 32GB FAT32 formatted SDHC card), can be found here.